St Francis Dispensary Mission Statement
St Francis Dispensary is an indigenous Independent Irish Registered charity, established in 1926 to provide professional veterinary care to the domestic pets of persons of limited means at affordable rates.
The Charity is registered with the Veterinary Council of Ireland, Register No. 3684/ Veterinary Clinic, with the Charities Regulatory Body Ref. CHY3974 and with the Department of Agriculture, Food and the Marine.
The Charity is It is managed by two Trustees Mrs Anne Rutledge and Mrs Roisin McDoughal with a management committee of eight persons with a wide range of skills, chaired by Mrs Janet Colgan which is responsible for policy and strategy to whom the management team reports.
The salaries paid to the management team and their conditions of employment are in accordance with the sector norm, whilst committee members and Trustees perform their duties on a voluntary basis receiving no remunerations or expenses of any kind in respect of their services.
Collection boxes, raffles and auctions, we welcome donations which would be expended in procuring additional equipment, having invested in excess of €30,000 over the past three years in upgrading the building and installing new equipment including an Idexx Haematology and Biochemistry machine.
With improved equipment and highly trained staff, whose on going training the charity funds, a wide range of services are provided including surgery, diabetes care through specialised clinics, stocking a wide range of prescription foods.
It also provides an extensive range of vaccines including Rabies and supplies Pet Passports being authorised by the DAFM to do so.
St Francis Dispensary gratefully acknowledges the funding received from the Department of Agriculture, Food and Marine in pursuit of our charitable veterinary services to the community of Dublin